White Wolf: Dark Aeon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White Wolf: Dark Aeon

White Wolf: Dark Aeon is a world of fantasy and horror and intrigue. We strive to enhance your gaming experiance with rich history, mystery, horror, and versatility.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Faction Leaders

Go down 
+2
Jivendus
-Jakey-
6 posters

How should faction leaders be choosen?
So long as they have a bio up on forums let the players choose it.
Faction Leaders I_vote_lcap14%Faction Leaders I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
If they have a bio lead the dm staff vote on the likely choice from the canidates then the players vote for the ones that are deemed acceptable.
Faction Leaders I_vote_lcap71%Faction Leaders I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
No one votes we just dont have faction leaders.
Faction Leaders I_vote_lcap0%Faction Leaders I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Only the strongest pvp pc should be allowed to run a faction even if they cant or dont rp.
Faction Leaders I_vote_lcap0%Faction Leaders I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Have a dm run each faction no player ran factions.
Faction Leaders I_vote_lcap14%Faction Leaders I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Faction Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Faction Leaders   Faction Leaders Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 6:27 pm

I want your thoughts on how faction leaders are going to be choosen in this poll. Think about the fact that faction leaders are not running for popularity contests but are supposed to run that faction and will have great sway in how the faction will function with in reason of the dm staff of course. So choose the way that you feel will best show their ablity to run the faction. This poll is up until sunday so 4 days folks to get your thoughts in.
Back to top Go down
-Jakey-

-Jakey-

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Faction Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Leaders   Faction Leaders Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 6:35 pm

I clicked option 2.

My reason?

We cant just have anyone run a faction just because theyre popular. If it were left to purely player votes it would be just that, a popularity contest.

Being a faction leader isnt a privilage, its a responsibility. You are responsible and accountable for all the actions of all those who serve below you. Alternatively, those faction leaders are responsible for ensuring their follows are safe and follow the rules of the faction.

It comes with a great deal of power and it takes a lot maturity to not abuse it.

That said, it also requires someone that can tell the difference between real life and in game goings on. Someone who wont take things personaly.

There are alot of different factors that need to be taken into consideration when choosing a faction leader which is why I believe we should be so thourough when choosing one.
Back to top Go down
http://youfail.org/
Jivendus

Jivendus

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Faction Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Leaders   Faction Leaders Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 6:54 pm

I selected option 2 because I agree with what Jakey is saying, also because ...

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Viktor

Viktor

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Faction Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Leaders   Faction Leaders Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 7:03 pm

i think aside from what Jakey said, the canidate needs to be an active player. and as stated mature in handling the responcabiltys.

i was thinking of the DM run Factions. but it would take alot of time out of your days. and that would hamper all the fun events we have.

i also agree with Jakey and selected option 2.
Back to top Go down
Riei

Riei

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Faction Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Leaders   Faction Leaders Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 10:06 pm

2 here
Back to top Go down
Jivendus

Jivendus

Faction Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Leaders   Faction Leaders Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:02 pm

Just to clarify, We've done option 2 in the past and it's worked great, We really don't need DM's to control the factions due to that the nature of the faction setup leads to PC's being in control, and trust me, it works out really well, especially if they love the character and play it often.

Option 2 meets my standards on how I would select, and HAVE, selected people to be faction leaders in the past for other servers, it generally weaves out those people who have twenty characters for each day and mood.

Yep. afro
Back to top Go down

Faction Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Leaders   Faction Leaders Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:15 am

Basicly those who might want to be a faction leader will state so on here make sure they have a make ground up in their choosen forum for their faction. Then the dms will vote on each one on wheather they would make a good faction leader or not. Those that are pvp hounds would likely not make that cut. Those that survive that will be put up for the players of said faction to vote on then. hopefully that clears up the sorta dm involvement i invision us having in the role of faction leaders if option 2 is done.
Back to top Go down
Riei

Riei

Faction Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Leaders   Faction Leaders Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 1:58 pm

wich factions are going to have a faction leader?
Back to top Go down
-Jakey-

-Jakey-

Faction Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Leaders   Faction Leaders Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 3:07 pm

Vampires, Garou and perhaps the Inquisitors and Mages will have Faction Leaders. The first two for sure but Im sceptical about the Mages...

Soul Seekers, as you of all people should know Riei cyclops have a very unique chain of command...In that its non exsistent.

Immortals, if kept true to the Highlander Immortal story, wont have a Faction Leader. Their races purpose is to kill each other. Groups may be formed and perhaps a few Guilds can be made by players to give the Immortals a stronger union, but overall there wont be a ruling body over them.
Back to top Go down

Faction Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Leaders   Faction Leaders Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 3:39 pm

Garou, Vampires, Mages(when they get fully in), and Inquisitors will have leaders. Some will have a few such as the prince will have some elders for the clans, and the garou might have it with the tribes. Soul seekers will have one in a simi sorta way but it wont be nearly as formal as the others. Inquisitors will ahve one Grand master and two lowers (which will be unnamed) which will represent clerics and fighters in among their orders. that will not be to say that they will be limted to just that but one will be more a caster filled order and the other brawn and muscle.
Back to top Go down
Jivendus

Jivendus

Faction Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Leaders   Faction Leaders Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 4:38 pm

I am hoping to become the new Sept Leader, in my days I have worked with many Sept leaders beforehand and have watched how they handled the Garou. I have to say my favorite Sept leader was Helios Sin. (Gideon)

I'm currently working on extending my Bio's History, but it's already up in the Garou Forum.
Back to top Go down
L33tgle

L33tgle

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Faction Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Leaders   Faction Leaders Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 7:03 pm

I voted for DMs to run clans, because personally, there is noone that I would trust more for a leader than a DM. With the few DMs that I think would abuse their power too much.
Back to top Go down
-Jakey-

-Jakey-

Faction Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Leaders   Faction Leaders Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:12 pm

The way you worded that L33tgle sounds like youre questioning the integrity of the current DM's affraid

You no trust me? Sad
Back to top Go down
Warlock_734

Warlock_734

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Faction Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Leaders   Faction Leaders Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:58 am

-Jakey- wrote:
The way you worded that L33tgle sounds like youre questioning the integrity of the current DM's affraid

You no trust me? Sad

that's okay, i'll rough him up for you, time for the evil clown of death clown

ANWAAYS, as the Only person who voted 1, i voted one because i was inbetween 1 & 2

Why because i think that it should be 80% players/20% dm's. And that you let the players pick who they want. But, Kinda monitor them to make sure they aren't doing thing's they aren't supposed to be doing. Like running a prostitution ring.... or selling strange drugs of this new time period Razz

Like Marajain, a cross between marijuana and cocain, originally only grown on the dark side of the moo. but guess what The dark side of the moon is lodged between what Was canada and mexico.... Formerly known as the uniter states tongue
Back to top Go down

Faction Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Leaders   Faction Leaders Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 6:16 pm

That is sorta what we are going to do but we are not going to allow the inactive or pvp mongering. That is who we are going to be weeding out from the selection after that we will let the players have their vote on it, that is if we are going to go with option two.
Back to top Go down
-Jakey-

-Jakey-

Faction Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Leaders   Faction Leaders Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 6:23 pm

You forgot whores Knight, no way am I going to approve someone who sits around their faction hall, waiting for women to come through the door just so they can drool over them....
Back to top Go down
Riei

Riei

Faction Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Leaders   Faction Leaders Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:41 am

I would like to put Riei as the lead of the soulseekers......

if the soulseekers wont get a leader, then Id like to put Alec as hunter Grandmasters(his background will be posted when I wake up)

Last edited by Riei on Sun May 25, 2008 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
-Jakey-

-Jakey-

Faction Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Leaders   Faction Leaders Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 9:04 am

What happened to not wanting to take part in the leadership Riei? Just the other week you wanted nothing to do with it, now you want all your characters to lead everything!

Make up your mind! We're not going to put you in charge of everything! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Riei

Riei

Faction Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Leaders   Faction Leaders Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:08 am

never said that

I said I didnt like the idea of Dming

I always want my chars to lead the factions

be it vampire, garou, soulseekers or hunters

but

Hunters and soulseekers are better suited to lead....the Garou I have Lance. havent played for so lon I need to completely remeber or remade the way he talks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Faction Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Leaders   Faction Leaders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Faction Leaders
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
White Wolf: Dark Aeon :: General Game Play discussion :: General-
Jump to: