White Wolf: Dark Aeon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White Wolf: Dark Aeon

White Wolf: Dark Aeon is a world of fantasy and horror and intrigue. We strive to enhance your gaming experiance with rich history, mystery, horror, and versatility.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions

Go down 
+5
Cliveta
Jaws
Ariellah
Admin
Dielf
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dielf

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:55 pm

Suggestion on a few class more option:

Bard - Bardic Lore: Bards can roll a lore DC to check secret information of a place your at, players your near, NPC your near or special object you possess.

Rogue - Innuendo: Rogues get to identify other rogues and manage to speak by themselves without anyone else in the area noticing using body language.

Blackguard - Detect Good: The contrary of the paladin version!

Harper Scout - They suck so much, try to give something very cool to them.

Shifter - Dopplegange: Would be awesome if it was possible that the shifter would be able to make himself look like one target he appointed at time (no idea on scripts lol).

And please remove those huge images =/
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 7:40 pm

There will be a lore option for areas and objects soon enough. Currently working on the scripting.

Rogues will have thieves cant soon, a rogues personalized language. As far as inuendo, adding it in as is described in the books is slightly dificult, even with scripting, but I will see what I can do.

Detect evil/good/neutral/chaos. . .this has been a long running issue. We will be trying to get something similiar to the spell like ability and spell working, but give us time. We will put it in when it is bug free, or when we think it is. . .I am sure you guys will find any bugs it has when it is ready to go in.

Harper Scouts, this class, as well as several others will most likely be modified in the new combined haks, as well a several new classes added. You will have to be patient on the compilation of the new hak, as it will require a custom tlk, 2da, and so on and so forth to complete. Currently we are more focused on making the ridable dragons look like dragons.

Shifters, shifters will most likely stay as they are, minus a few form stat changes.

Doplegangers, there will possibly be a dopleganger race added. (do research on how doplegangers actually work, as they will be based off of lore, ie, they can only take the forms of the things they have killed. So this will be in as soon as we have the scripting correct on them.)

The forum pictures. . .the pictures were shrunk. There will be no more debate on them until our custom ones are done. Thankyou.

As always, we love to hear your imput and will strive to improve things as much as we can. We will aslo try to keep you posted and up to date on all of our latest developements.

~Caine
Back to top Go down
http://whitewolfdarkaeon.heavenforum.com
Ariellah

Number of posts : 3

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:28 pm

DON'T add more races.

There are not enough players to play the six we already have.

But can Blackguards (probably Palemasters too) have a choice on which summon to create when using their summon planar and undead ally abilities?
That would make me very happy. Since some of the low level summons look nice, it is very sad to loose them. Sad
Back to top Go down
Jaws

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 5:09 am

I second that.. No more races!

And what is the Lakewood thingie on the front page?

I hope we won't have dwarves, elves and 'greenskins' running about any time soon? >.<

Oh, and yes, a summoning menu for us palemasters too, please. Never know when that old heap of bone might come in handy again. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dielf

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 5:13 pm

Good calls
Back to top Go down
Cliveta

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 9:24 am

Is it just me or with all the bonuses and variations to natural abilities, and the limitation of max permanent ability buffs to items, does it seem that RDD's are an overpowering class, and should they be allowed? I mean an additional +8 to STR,+2 to Cha, Int, and Con, and paralysis and fire IMMUNITY! A Little much for any one character?
Back to top Go down
Dielf

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 10:46 am

hehe and yet I know builds who kick RDDs
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 9:21 am

ah, well. we will clear up any discussion on nerfing classes. The limitations on classes and builds are listed in the rule in your journal upon entry. We value the players ability to build pretty much anything they like or want. This means, that if you want to make a power build have at it, just don't be mad if there is something that will still kill you, trust me, there is always something.

As for restricting builds, the only true reason to restrict builds is for pvp. Now, that said, if you want to pvp, and you get killed, then thats that. End of discussion. There are races with str bonuses in game now, as well as other bonuses, and there will be more once we have the subrace engine fully functional.
A list of possible subraces will be provided once such is all finished, as well as the new prestige classes once the hak is finalized into one download.
Restrictions for classes may be on subraces, but, in general, classes will not be restricted.
Some classes are being edited and tweaked as well, and there will be new skills available. Ie, new lore abilities, new harper levels, and more. But this is one of those things that will take time and is not done over night, so, I beg patiece on your part.
thankyou.
~Caine
Back to top Go down
Dielf

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:49 am

I second that every build can be killed by another with the current setting. That I guarantee you. The only 2 builds I know that can virtually beat any other is: Greater Sanctuary + IGMS spam from mages and the ultimate hide/ms SD spammer. Those two are untouchable due to GS or huge Hide/MS and if done right it can get massive damage.
Buut since we dont have many equip with hide/ms bonuses spells like amplify clair/clair and true seeing will beat that build. The only one that is still unbeatable is the GS + IGMS. But guys dont worry about that, if you see someone doing that its particulary easy to escape (run like shit) and then just say no to pvps with that person. Your not obligated to fight someone if you dont want IC and OOC. Good sense allways.

About balancing classes, I could help you on that man, I have alot of experience, specially abou making Harper Scout useful. Harper Scout is a very delicated class to balance because it only has 5 levels, so if you make it too strong, it will be a must be class for any warriors to get (anyone can spare 5 levels for good bonuses +tumble and spot class skill). In the other hand, if it suck absolutelly none will use it.
Also, there are certain ways to estimulate people from getting unused prestige classes. Like Dwarven Defender, in a normal FR setting world, you could make championships in which the best dwarven warriors could get such class and that would IC mean much honor, prestige, positions in the realm, etc. But in our setting, something like that could be used for like Arcane Archers (a good build can have godly AC with godly AB) then making it IC interesting, people would get it and also be a decent build.
Nerfing classes and talents is highly discouraged unless you got a VERY good balance experience. Please talk to the players before nerfing something.
Back to top Go down
Castus Anulus

Number of posts : 1

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 6:06 pm

A monk built right will be able to destroy any caster, and a bow will overcome damage shields. Also, a druid/shifter/monk build will be able to take down most HiPS spammers while in dragon shape. Each build has another that will be able to own it. I've found that any server that begins severely nerfing builds, etc soon finds itself with very few players.
Back to top Go down
Jaws

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 4:20 am

There has already been some tweaking to the different classes.

You could leave most restrictions to common sense, but experience tells me that many players lack such things.

There are some standards that have been commonly accepted on the most popular persistant NWN roleplaying worlds.

Removing:

Dev. Crit.
Epic Dodge.

Moving:

HiPS.

Limiting/adding regents to spells such as:

GS.
Timestop.
IGMS
Implode
DP

etc.

As for classes, I have no problems with the RDD. I would just ignore anyone playing one.
They do not fit the setting at all, and are mostly used to circumvent the vampire weaknesses,
or used for lame demonic RP.

Quote :
Castus Anulus wrote:
I've found that any server that begins severely nerfing builds, etc soon finds itself with very few players.

I have no problems loosing the players who won't play anything but fine-tuned powerbuilds.

In order to have fun in any RPG, you merely need one DM, and 2-5 players with the right attitude.
Back to top Go down
Dielf

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:19 am

Hows anything wrong with implosion?
Whats DP? Divine Power? Dominate Person?
How will removing dev crit and epic dodge balance, besides making warriors completelly useless and for some unkown reason remove the only feat that allows a rogue to fight without sneak?

Does anyone remember what happened when epic dodge and dev were removed last time? Yeah mages started to spawn everywhere... Wonder why...

And no server lives with 1 DM and 2-5 players. People live in different parts of the world, different timezones, they have different scheduals, they play different characters of different races of different alignment of different levels, of different cultures. This is not a pnp game that you can rp all you want and the world is all around you and mobs and encounters will all be balanced to your strenght. And just because your characters are too weak for the feats of dev and epic dodge it doesnt mean they are unbalanced, it either means you dont know how to build a character or that is suposed to be your charcter weakness.
If you wanna talk on builds I can list great balanced servers that used both feats all the time without nerfing them at all.

You say RDD is bad rp? Give me one reason why it doesnt fit Black Spiral Dancers and I will give you 10 others why Paladin class doesnt fit this world setting... Or shifter, or dwarven defender, or champion of torm.
Back to top Go down
Riei

Riei

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 12:06 pm

No nerfs needed, GS and Time Stoip already have a 120 seconds timer

true seeing already only gives bonus listen and spot + see invis

Dev crit is needed for warriors, Hips is needed for rogues

RDD is used for infernalist RP, wich arent lame, in case youre not paying attention we have a FULL faction on kinda of infernalists(soulseekers)

Of course RDD should be forbidden to vampires, since it gives fire immunity, however does not mean it doesnt fit in the server
=============================================================

now for Suggestions, cant we have a bug report section on the forum?
Back to top Go down

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 6:36 pm

Here's a tid bit for you guys. Okay. NWN is based on D&D Rule sets. Same sorts of feats, skills and spells. Nothing ever needs to be nerfed, (Other than the possible TS and GS), because each skill has an equal opposition. Meaning the creators of D&D, who have been creating games since the 1950's, have already figured all of this out lol. So. Nothing will be nerfed, and there are some new classes, feats and skills going in that I'm sure most of you will enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Riei

Riei

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 11:33 pm

Daroff wrote:
Here's a tid bit for you guys. Okay. NWN is based on D&D Rule sets. Same sorts of feats, skills and spells. Nothing ever needs to be nerfed, (Other than the possible TS and GS), because each skill has an equal opposition. Meaning the creators of D&D, who have been creating games since the 1950's, have already figured all of this out lol. So. Nothing will be nerfed, and there are some new classes, feats and skills going in that I'm sure most of you will enjoy.

flawed argument

NWN dont use a lot of feats/skills from real D&D

altough its better to leave as it is, because nerfing something might ending up screwing the balance more than restoring it
Back to top Go down

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 4:35 am

Uh... NWN Is based on the 3.5 rule sets, bud. NWN doesn't have ALL of the feats D&D does, but all the spells and whatnot that are in, can also be found in D&D. Flawed argument my ass. In any case. As I said before. Nothing else is being nerfed. TS has been because it's ridiculously overpowered and so is GS. GS only lasts 12 rounds. That's more than enough to get away if you're a mage. (Which there aren't even suppose to be any in the first place.) But anyway. We're adding in more classes, feats and skills.
Back to top Go down
Dielf

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 1:24 pm

Where we can see the change log?
Back to top Go down
Dielf

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 1:29 pm

I would like to also suggest quests to immortals to defeat NPC immortals and gettheir powers. Like an immortal quest each 10 lvs, so at lv 40 you should have your power and more 3 of them. Not many immortals around and will be even harder if we keep perma killing eachother lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:04 am

marvelous idea on the immortals, as soon as i can get it all set up i will put it in.
~Caine
Back to top Go down
Riei

Riei

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:27 am

I would like to suggest that we get the "ranks" of DMs posted on a post of the forums

like HOst, admin Dm, etc

aaaannnnnd perhaps we could have bosses around that coul give soulseekers some of their powers?
Back to top Go down
Cliveta

Number of posts : 16

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 2:04 pm

Get rid of the demi-liches, they keep screwing up the server with their timestop, please.
Back to top Go down
Viktor

Viktor

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 2:29 pm

not sure if its in the CEP2 pack, but i played a mod with a wooden coffin. any chance that could be implemented instead of the sarcophagus?

just a minor suggestion. Smile
Back to top Go down
-Jakey-

-Jakey-

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 8:08 am

More options for general humans. *Nods*

Right now the human race only has one bonus against all the other races. They start at level 5. I know that we've got some changes coming soon after talking with Knight, but can anyone else think up anything that they think humans need?
Thus far all I know that is coming there way is the new hunter faction.
Back to top Go down
http://youfail.org/
Sponsored content

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
White Wolf: Dark Aeon :: General Game Play discussion :: General-
Jump to: